What this policy covers
Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
When we refer to "Slidesome," "we," or "us" in this policy, we mean Slidesome ehf., which controls the information Slidesome collects when you use the Services. We offer a website, and background services that fetch data for active slideshows. We refer to all of these services and website as "Services" in this policy.
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information when you register for the Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment information when you purchase for certain paid Services. For example, the PayPal name, e-mail address, amount, etc. We never receive, or store credit-card numbers in our Services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use; slideshows, designer, moderation, custom posts, and other links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the Services.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Services. We collect information about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience, such as displaying the correct currency for your region. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Information we receive from other sources
We receive information about you from third party services.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services. For example, we use the access token from third-party platforms such as Instagram to fetch posts for your slideshow.
- For research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services smarter, faster, secure, integrated and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our Services and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the Services. For example, we used information collected about how users design slideshows from within the product to design a better, more user-friendly slideshow designer. We also test and analyze certain new features with some users before rolling the feature out to all users.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. We also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us. For example, certain actions you take in the Services may automatically trigger a feature or third-party app suggestion within the Services that would make that task easier. We also send you communications as you onboard to a particular Service to help you become more proficient in using that Service. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- For safety and security: We use information about you and your Service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of Service policies.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
How we share information we collect
We are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties. We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, such as allowing our users to share public and admin link to their slideshows through the Services.
Sharing with other Service users
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with other Service users.
- For collaboration: You can create content, which may contain information about you, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your administrator (if applicable) select. Some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your slideshow information to other Service users when you share an admin link to your slideshow. For example, user who has an admin link to your slideshow can see your slideshow name, moderation, designer and custom posts that you've created. You can at any time disable the admin link by creating a new one, or by removing the admin link.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize and support our Services.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The Services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public website. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Slidesome, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use cloud providers in Ireland to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account. For all other requests, you may contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below to request assistance.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information: Our Services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account. You can update your profile information within your profile settings and modify content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content, such as custom posts.
- Deactivate public and admin links: You can at any time remove an admin and public link to your slideshow.
- Delete your information: Our Services give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can remove content that contains information about you using the editing tools associated with that content and you can remove certain profile information within your profile settings. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved, provided your administrator does not object (where applicable).
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings.
How we transfer information we collect internationally
International transfers of information we collect
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in Ireland. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, Slidesome or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
Other important privacy information
Notice to End Users
Our products are intended for both personal use and use by organizations. Where the Services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the Services and is responsible for the end-users and/or Service sites over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the Services is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
Your information is controlled by Slidesome ehf. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to Slidesome ehf., as set forth below.